SKIP IT COMMUNITY was setup by a group of volunteers working to raise money for malnourished children around the world whilst helping you the donor become a healthier version of you.
The concept is simple: ‘Pause before you indulge and skip a treat to help another’.
Skip a beer, glass of wine, cup of coffee, slice of cake or a treat to make yourself healthier and donate 60p to SKIP IT which will feed a child in return.
Our first project began raising funds for a community in Rawalpindi, Pakistan and we now also help a community in the village Rumangabo, north Kivu in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Funds are equally divided between each community.
Please also visit our Health & Fitness blog for free advice on health & nutrition to accompany your ‘skips’.
Rawalpindi Food Programme
- £3.00 will feed a child one nutritious meal per day (£0.6 per meal on average) Monday-Friday.
- At St Josephs School, Rawalpindi children (aged 3-12 years) are malnourished and your donation will feed a child one nutritious meal per day which will go a long way when combined with the small amount of food that their family can feed them.
- The meals will be fed to the children at the school for their lunch. Sadly the children are struggling to learn due to malnourishment. Your kind donation will not only help the children become healthier it will also dramatically contribute to their education.
- The meal will consist of fruit, eggs, bread and a glass of milk on most occasions or food of the equivalent nutritional value on other occasions.
The village Rumangabo Food Programme
- Meals for the children are mostly made up of beans and rice or sometimes potatoes. These are cooked with tomatoes and onions. Green vegetables or avocado are also included.* If we receive more money than required at the end of each month we will forward this to the following months project and expand to feed further children. If we receive less money than we need in a particular month then we will work with our private funders and organisations on the ground to ensure that on this rare occasion we can fulfil our monthly objective.For more information please contact us on;
Follow us on;
And follow our blogs for more in depth information.
Thank you for reading
The SKIP IT team.